The first Activator Fund theme is Remote Undersea Surveillance Data Processing, Analysis and Networking. This project will advance novel approaches to support development of an undersea situational awareness picture from sensor data. The focus is on autonomous sensor processing, collaborative sensing, distributed sensor networks and mission planning.
Proposals will be sought from consortia led by South Australian universities and industry and involving Department of Defence partners and other national and international partners. Up to $1.6 million will be available from the Activator Fund for the first theme, and successful applicants will be required to provide matching co-contributions.
The objectives of this theme are:
- Enable larger-scale research, development, and innovation activities that have benefit for the South Australian economy
- Leverage existing South Australian R&D, innovation, and industrial strengths
- Build new South Australian R&D, Innovation, and industrial strengths in areas of strategic interest
- Establish partnerships with leading researchers and innovators nationally and internationally
- Develop and apply transferable novel research to defence and adjacent sectors, by enabling more rapid transition of technology developments into operational capabilities