2021 Expressions of Interest – call for Operations Research (OR) Collaboration
DSTG and the state-based innovation networks are launching a call to academia to collaborate on a number of Defence OR topics through the Operations Research Network (ORnet).
DSTG is seeking to revolutionise how we undertake operations research (OR) to better handle the interaction of complex geopolitical, social, technological, economic and cultural factors impacting the capability of the current force and design of the future force.
For more information and to lodge your application. Click here.
Applications Close: Friday 26 March 2021 AEDST
This call will be comprised of two components:
- Philosophy of OR
- General Defence OR topics
Philosophy of OR Topics
- The Epistemic Challenge: Coping with Uncertainty, Complexity and Change
- The Teleological Challenge: Coping with Subjectivity, Incommensurability and Power
- The Meta-Methodological Challenge: Coping with Inter-, Trans- and Multidisciplinarity
Defence OR Topics
- Visual Representation of Military Concepts using Virtual Environments
- New Methods for Forecasting Technology Convergence Points and Capability Effects
- Comprehensive Simulation Meta-Modelling Capability
- Aggregation Level for Australian Campaign Simulation Tools
- Innovative Design
- An Extensible Framework to Compare Operations Research Methods
- Understanding Future Robustness through Feasible Scenario Spaces
The intention is that projects will run for a period of up to 12 months commencing in July 2021. Individual project proposals can indicate work up to $100K. There will be an expectation of an in-kind contribution in the successful proposal.